|1. POSITION DETAILS|
|Job Title||Project & Product Administrator Intern||Grade:||Entry Level (Intern)|
|Incumbent:||Review Date:||August 2022|
|No of Incumbents:||1||Ref. Number:||PM001|
|Location:||Fourways||Manager:|| BU Head: Products &
|3. ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE|
Organisational structure showing the position with two positions above and two positions below.
- EDUCATION (Minimum level necessary to perform the job).
|4.1 Tertiary||Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business management, or a related field / Diploma (3years) or equivalent in business management or project management (Prince or PMbok).|
- TRAINING (Essential training received in addition to the above experience to perform the job).
|· Knowledge of MS Office and other data processing and administration systems.
· MS Project, Jira and Smartsheet project management is essential.
· Knowledge of MS Visio is a benefit.
· Technical background is a benefit.
- EXPERIENCE (Minimum necessary before being considered for the Job)
|· Ability to maintain professionalism and management control under pressure
· Ability to cope with pressure and deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
· Ability to adapt easily to change.
· Ability to grasp and interpret technical processes and procedures efficiently.
· Ability to work in a team, with willingness to put in extra effort and time when the team is under pressure.
- CORE COMPETENCIES
|· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Possess excellent command of the English Language
· Strong analytical and technical skills
· Excellent planning abilities
· Strong Administration skills
|· Meticulous with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- POTENTIAL CAREER PATH GUIDELINE
|CAREER PATH OPTIONS|
|UPWARDS WITHIN DEPARTMENT||LATERAL BASED ON SKILLS OBTAINED|
|INCUMBENT||Project Administrator||Manager: Other|
The Project & Product Administrator is responsible for administering project activities, including simple tasks and larger plans. You will manage schedules, arrange assignments, and communicate progress to all team members. You will also prepare action plans, analyze risks and opportunities and gathering necessary resources. Good communication and collaboration is essential. You will ensure all projects meet quality standards by ensuring the project governance is up to date.
· Schedule regular meetings and recording meeting minutes.
· Breaking projects into doable tasks and setting timeframes.
· Creating and updating
· Conduct risk analyses.
· Prepare and provide documentation to internal teams and key stakeholders.
· Order resources, like equipment and software
· Retrieve necessary information 9e.g user/client requirements and relevant case studies)
· Track expenses and predict future costs.
· Monitor project progress and address potential issues.
· Administer quality controls to ensure deliverables and meet requirements.
· Measure and report on project framework.
· Act as the point of contact for all participants
· Market research and analysis
|Key Performance Areas||Key tasks|
|1.||CONCEPTION AND INITIATION||· Track Project objectives and goals.
· Assist in performing cost/benefit analysis.
· Support in determining projects’ success criteria.
· Compiling a list of assumptions, risks and obstacles.
· Facilitate the creation of business cases per project.
|DEFINITION AND PLANNING
|· Monitor and track the definition, idea generation and delivery of projects that link to business development and group’s business strategies.
· Monitor and administrate all stages of the project – effectively planning for both the conceptual and the production phases – as each adheres to tasks, milestones, deliverables & deadlines.
· Coordinate efforts between responsible project executive, Accounts Management, Developers and Client across 3 specific areas: Planning, Production/Development Management, Maintenance and Reporting.
· Validate the production brief through a comprehensive understanding of the project requirements, objectives and deadlines
· Identify Project Activities, estimate resource requirements, construct workflow and prepare project proposal:
o Establish clear ownership for project tasks by understanding the resource requirements and deliverables.
o Develop a detailed scope of work and project architecture based on the user journey, deliverables,
o Set up project meetings and reviews as per the plan.
|3.||EXECUTION||· Assist the Project Manager in setting up project team, establish team operating rules, assemble project resources, schedule and execute work plan and document work progress:
o Establish reporting protocol/procedures.
o Maintain communication with all stakeholders throughout the project life cycle by communicating progress, risks, expectations, timelines, milestones and other key project metrics to the team.
o Create customized reporting for the team and for client if needed and give project status update to the executive team.
· Work with responsible teams to ensure clients achieve an understanding of expectations, deliverables, dependencies, risks and progress throughout the project phases.
|4.||PERFORMANCE AND CONTROL||· Monitor project progress against plan.
· Use established reporting protocol/procedures.
· Establish problem-resolution mechanism:
o Manage scope creep to ensure that projects are delivered on time, according to scope, budget and strategy expectations.
o Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised plan, scope and budget, if necessary, in a timely manner.
o Raise red flags and proactively propose production or development solutions when problems do arise.
o Implement change management procedures.
o Revise project plan if necessary.
· Oversee client reviews and internal project reviews with the team.
· Evaluate all key project deliverables through to the final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client approval.
· Obtain formal sign off on all project deliverables; this includes coordinating feedback and involvement from the account management team, creative/development team and the client.
|5.||PROJECT CLOSE||· Ensure project legal documents are completed and signed (image rights, photo releases, model releases etc.), MOU’s and NDA’s.
· Conduct acceptance tests.
· Establish roll out plan / schedule.
· Submit/handover the project to the custodian.
· Conduct post implementation audit.
· Complete final project report.
|6.||OPERATIONAL||· Managing which tools the product team uses (communication, roadmapping, prototyping, user-onboarding, etc)
· Assist product manager in developing business processes.
· Facilitating market research.
· Manage meetings and action points
· Assist product and project managers with stakeholder management
· Overall operational support of the business unit